Machine Learning Engineer – Join an Innovative, Growing Team
dentalxr.ai is a Berlin-based startup that revolutionizes dentistry with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence technology. We offer a decision support platform that helps dentists detect pathologies and anatomical structures on dental imagery such as x-rays. For the dentist, the advantages are time savings, better treatment decisions, and improved patient trust.
You will be one of the early employees, having a major impact, shaping the company through your efforts and industry expertise. Together, we take years of academic research in dentistry and machine learning and bring them to industry. Our team is made up of engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and physicians from one of the world's leading hospitals. Our hierarchy is flat and communication direct, which means that we operate and learn fast, as a team.
We are looking for creative and focused people who are able to work in a fast-paced, highly innovative environment. You should bring excellent technical and analytical problem-solving skills, with the ability to step back and contextualize the problem and its root.
- You research and prototype state-of-the-art deep learning models.
- You are responsible for preparing, building, and evaluating models for healthcare applications.
- You work with interesting datasets in medical imaging (reaching from 2D images up to 3D volumetric scans or camera footage).
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with a common programming language like Python
- Knowing and caring about sound engineering practices like version control, clean code, code review, testing, continuous delivery and automation
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, Google Cloud ML, or Docker
- Sound knowledge in DL frameworks such as TensorFlow or Pytorch.
- Industry experience working with machine learning frameworks, large-scale data processing systems, or cloud infrastructure
- Significant industry experience developing enterprise or data products
- Background in deep learning, computer vision, or a related field
The preferred qualifications are just that: preferred. None of us walked in with all of them. If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
Why you’ll love working here:
- You work in a small to mid-size team with independent but cooperative mindset
- We have automated tests, continuous integration and delivery.
- We have regular team events that you are invited to join, but don’t have to.
- As we are just at the beginning of our journey, we want you to shape our work environment with us.
In addition to a competitive salary you can expect the following:
- Flexible working hours (also remote days are possible) as we believe in ownership and trust
- Personal Development Program for your career
- Covered conference visits and/or educational courses
- Smart and motivated team based in Berlin
- German language courses
- Hardware of your choice (Mac, Thinkpad, you name it – we get it for you)
- Professional dentist check-up :)
How to Apply:
Your application should include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Explain why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
- If available, please provide a link to your GitHub.
- Briefly mention your salary expectations.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and provide a safe and welcoming environment to everyone: Come as you are!